But Sanders has already done what most observers thought impossible only a few months ago.
He has made the term “socialist” almost respectable! Certainly he has made it commonplace. It is now being discussed, explored, queried.
Socialism has been unrelentingly attacked for over a century by the powers that be in America. It has been propagandized, vilified, and demonized. Seven or eight generations of Americans have been subjected to the most outrageous libel and slander against the most humane economic system ever devised.
Sanders may well have turned the tide.
Ending the public perception of socialism as an evil system is the first step towards public tolerance, towards public inquiry, towards public consideration, and towards public acceptance.
I fully expect the Hillary Clinton camp to begin attacking Bernie on his being a socialist. It will be interesting to see how they explain the problem of Bernie Sanders being a socialist when Hillary has embraced nearly all of Sander’s positions.
Even so, Clinton is expecting to run away with the Black and Hispanic vote, leaving Sanders in the dust.
Recent polls show Hillary’s support among African American voters at 84%, with Bernie’s at just 7%!
Those numbers are seen by pundits as proof that Clinton has a lock on Black votes.
I see the same numbers as the potential for Sanders to make huge inroads with Black voters, most of whom are unfamiliar with his record and his proposals.
Bernie was in the streets being arrested for protesting segregation and Jim Crow while Hillary was supporting Goldwater.
She supported the War on Drugs and federal mandatory minimum sentencing, which incarcerated an entire generation of Black Americans. Her husband built more prisons than any president in history.
Bernie is advocating economic programs that would aid the poor and disenfranchised in society, send kids to college tuition-free, and eliminate the for-profit prison industry, all policies which would overwhelmingly benefit the African American community.
As Bernie becomes known to African Americans, expect him to surge in support from the community that needs him more than do most!
We are witnessing Sanders’ political revolution in action
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.