PETA is not an animal rights organization, nor are they an animal protection organization. PETA is an anti-animal suffering organization.
Ingrid Newkirk, who runs the operation, believes that eliminating the possibility of animal suffering is more important than the rights of animals to live.
To that end, PETA opposes TNR (trap-neuter-release of feral cats), opposes no-kill shelters, kills thousands of dogs and cats in their own facilities, favors BSL (breed-specific legislation aimed at banning breeds such as pit bulls, and passing legislation to exterminate them).
Many take exception to my criticism of PETA, pointing to the good work PETA has done, and is doing, in fighting against fur, factory farms, sealing, bullfighting, etc.
My response is simple. PETA murders animals and there are many organizations doing good work which do not murder animals.
PETA rakes in millions of dollars each year, and spends NONE of it trying to find homes for the dogs and cats that come into their facilities.
Instead, they kill them.
I have no use for PETA and consider them an enemy of animal rights.
I admonish my comrades not to give a dime to PETA!
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.