Hillary is a capitalist. Bernie is not.
While Hillary’s public pronouncements sound very much like Bernie’s, their political and economic differences are profound.
When push comes to shove, Hillary will back Wall Street and the oligarchy. She is one of them. She raises millions of dollars from them. Her husband was their president. Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, George W, and every president in modern times has appointed industry lobbyists and executives to positions in their administrations which oversaw those very industries.
There is no indication that Hillary would act differently. Her record certainly suggests that she is quite comfortable with Wall Street lobbyists.
Given that she has raised millions of dollars from Wall Street lobbyists, Monsanto, Big Oil, Big Banks, etc, it is reasonable to question her allegiances. Will Hillary support Wall Street or the people?
Every president since the progressive Teddy Roosevelt has been a conservative Republican or a Wall Street Democrat.
And every one of them was a capitalist.
The Republicans and the Wall Street Democrats differed on social issues, but were in total agreement when it came to capitalism and to corporate control of government.
In recent years Reagan, Pappy Bush, Clinton, W, and Obama all appointed industry lobbyists and executives to Departments and regulatory agencies that were responsible for overseeing the very industries the appointees came from.
There is a revolving door for bankers to go to Treasury, Big Ag hacks to be appointed to Agriculture and Interior, Wall Street insiders go to Commerce and Labor, Big Pharma lobbyists to the FDA, etc.
No matter who is president, corporate America runs the country.
It is time to end the farce. Time for real change. Time to throw the bums out and re-institute actual government of the people.
No more Republicans. No more Wall Street Democrats.
Time for Bernie Sanders.
It is time to draw a line in the sand between capitalism and socialism. Between capitalists and socialists.
It is not a thin line. It is a chasm.
The chasm is so great that there is no appreciable difference between Hillary Clinton and whomever the Republicans nominate.
And that is true because both Hillary and the Republican nominee will obey Wall Street on policy.
Both will continue to support private financing of campaigns, the most important tool in the arsenal of capitalism to control government, buy politicians, direct public policy, and block reforms.
Hillary Clinton has been the recipient of such Wall Street largesse. As have almost all Republicans.
Bernie Sanders, not so much. None in fact.
And that is because Sanders is not an ally of Wall Street. He is their worst nightmare!
Sanders will place the interests of the people over those of Wall Street.
All the difference in the world!
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.