It was Bernie Sanders’ line in the sand. The distinction between himself and Hillary Clinton. The difference between Sanders Democrats and Wall Street Democrats.
The 2016 election holds the promise of being the most significant presidential contest since the election of Abraham Lincoln.
We have the opportunity to change the course of American history, perhaps world history.
We can turn the Democratic Party into a democratic socialist party. We can drive a stake through the corrupt system of corporate control of politics and government. We can reclaim democracy from the oligarchy, the billionaires, and Wall Street.
Every president since the progressive Teddy Roosevelt has been a conservative Republican or a Wall Street Democrat.
The Republicans and the Wall Street Democrats differed on social issues, but were in total agreement when it came to capitalism and to corporate control of government.
In recent years Reagan, Pappy Bush, Clinton, W, and Obama all appointed industry lobbyists and executives to Departments and regulatory agencies that were responsible for overseeing the very industries the appointees came from.
There is a revolving door for bankers to go to Treasury, Big Ag hacks to be appointed to Agriculture and Interior, Wall Street insiders go to Commerce and Labor, Big Pharma lobbyists to the FDA, etc.
No matter who is president, corporate America runs the country.
It is time to end the farce. Time for real change. Time to throw the bums out and re-institute actual government of the people.
No more Republicans. No more Wall Street Democrats.
Time for a lifetime ban on any government employee becoming a lobbyist or working in the industry they regulated.
Time for Bernie Sanders.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.