Nina Turner is one of the most respected and influential black leaders in the country.
Turner’s support of Bernie could turn the tide in the African American community, dramatically increases the chances that Bernie will win the nomination, and may propel Turner onto a vice presidential short list.
Recent polls show Hillary’s support among African American voters at 84%, with Bernie’s at just 7%!
Those numbers are seen by pundits as proof that Clinton has a lock on black votes.
The numbers should be read as the potential for Sanders to make huge inroads with black voters, most of whom are unfamiliar with his record and his proposals.
Bernie was in the streets being arrested for protesting segregation and Jim Crow while Hillary was supporting Goldwater.
Hillary supported the War on Drugs and federal mandatory minimum sentencing, which incarcerated an entire generation of Black Americans. Her husband built more prisons than any president in history.
Bernie is advocating economic programs that would aid the poor and disenfranchised in society, send kids to college tuition-free, and eliminate the for-profit prison industry, all policies which would overwhelmingly benefit the African American community.
As Bernie becomes known to African Americans, expect him to surge in support from the community that needs him more than do most.
Nina Turner is the key to Sanders making those inroads to black voters.
Sanders would have been hard pressed to find a more powerful voice to carry his message to the African American community.
Sanders winning the nomination depends as much upon Turner as it does upon Sanders!
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.