Animal activists are proponents of universal rights. For animal rights to be achieved will require that the rights of all other oppressed groups be addressed. Advocating for animal rights presupposes advocating for the rights of women, people of color, the poor, the homeless, seniors, children, the LGBT community, etc.
Much as abused children are likely to abuse family pets, abused constituencies in society frequently are dismissive of the plights and rights of those even more vulnerable than they themselves are.
We see some feminists and advocates for people of color being antagonistic, and even hostile, to animals and animal activists, seeing animal advocacy as dismissive of their own interests. Some go so far as to equate animal advocacy with denigrating women and minorities.
A feminist may not care about the rights of the LGBT community, an Occupier may not be moved by the concerns of feminists, a poor person may not care about the environment.
But an animal activist cares about all of those people and issues.
In fact, those seeking empathy and compassion for animals are seeking justice for the entire human race, the environment, the animal kingdom. They are the universal warriors for peace, for equality, for justice, and for life.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty