The difference between us and god would make the difference between humans and bacteria seem tiny. Yet god is interested in our opinions? Would you be swayed by what a bacterium wanted?
God is supposed to be all knowing (omniscient), so he would know what you were going to pray for before you ever prayed. He is supposed to be all powerful, so he could grant whatever you prayed for.
But why would he?
Why would god change his mind about anything just because someone prayed?
If god is all knowing, all wise, and all powerful, what difference would your opinion or mine make?
It would seem that god would do whatever he wished regardless of what we ask him to do.
The only thing prayer accomplishes is to make one feel as though he or she is doing something, while doing nothing whatsoever. It assuages guilt, substitutes for substance, excuses inaction, indulges delusion, and promotes piety. It is nothing more than mental masturbation.
If we were actually created by god, he created our intellect. Our ability to reason, our ability to question, to challenge, to debunk.
I used to be a Christian. I bought into all the dogma, the blind faith, the suspension of reason.
Actually studying the Bible cures one of religion. The best argument for atheism is the Bible itself. Most Christians I know are unfamiliar with the Bible, have no clue to the ludicrous teachings of the Old Testament, no idea what the Bible really says.
Most Christians are unaware that the entire underlying premise of Christianity has long ago been disproven. Christ supposedly died to save believers from the Original Sin we all inherited from Adam and Eve. Here’s the problem: there was no Adam and Eve. Humans evolved from a troop of hominids in Africa. No Adam. No Eve. No Tree of Knowledge, No Garden of Eden to have been thrown out of. No original Sin. No reason for Christ to have died. No reason for Christianity.
If one is a woman, an animal lover, a vegan, gay, lesbian, or transgender, or an animal, the Bible is your enemy.
Which means the Bible is wrong. The Bible is a collection of Bronze Age myths, prejudices, folklore, bigotry, and misogyny, unworthy of serious consideration by modern society.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty