Advertising is commercial propaganda. It impacts public perception, is virtually unregulated, and employs deceptions, half-truths, misinformation, and outright falsehoods to achieve its objectives.
Political advertising is similar, but there are NO regulations on political propaganda. None at all. Political ads are free to lie, intimidate, and frighten. They are free to appeal to hatred, bigotry, and greed. They are used to assassinate characters and lie about policies. And there are no limits on how much money can be spent on political ads or requirements to disclose who is funding the propaganda.
Advertising money drives people to products. Political advertising drives people to politicians. There are laws against consumer fraud but none against political fraud.
Political advertising, funded by corporations, trade organizations, special interests, and lobbyists, is the reason democracy does not work in America.
It is the reason Members of Congress vote against the will of their constituents. The reason corporations run the government. The reason billionaires buy presidents and Senators.
Private and corporate funding of campaigns must end if democracy is to exist. Public financing of campaigns should be the battle cry of every champion of liberty, every supporter of democracy, every social justice advocate, everyone who is not a billionaire or a Wall Street Banker, or capitalist apologist.
Political advertising, campaign contributions, and gifts to public officials, are nothing but bribes.
The persons paying the bribes and the politicians collecting them should be in prison.
This year Bernie Sanders is stirring political revolution in the Democratic Party, and Donald Trump is appealing to disaffected Republicans tired of seeing their elected officials putting Big Business interests ahead of the Republican rank-and-file.
For all Trumps’s demogoguery, xenophobia, and bigotry, his position on political bribery makes him the most attractive Republican to progressive enemies of the state, and even make him an attractive alternative to Hillary Clinton, who has been a Wall Street Democrat and apologist for Wall Street since Bill’s presidency. Her record of taking political bribes from Wall Street, Big Ag, Big banks, etc, is well known and documented. Her refusal to pledge not to appoint industry lobbyists and executives to Departments and regulatory agencies is sufficient in itself to disqualify her from serving as president.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty