Christmas has its roots in Christianity, most certainly, if only by the name it bears. But Christ and Christianity have little to do with Christmas. Christians invoke it as the birthday of Jesus (a factual error), but the actual practice of celebrating Christmas has become a secular holiday enjoyed by people of all, or no, faiths.
Celebrating the Winter Solstice was a practice of many so called “pagan” religions. As the Romans, and subsequently the Spanish and Portuguese, conquered peoples, they spread Christianity in the wake of the corpses they created. The Catholic church was instrumental in making the conquered peoples as malleable as possible by allowing them to incorporate their own belief systems into the conquering Catholicism.
The results are seen today in Christianity celebrating both Christmas and Easter. Neither is biblical or historically related to the supposed events memorialized. Both are based on pagan holidays,
Reindeer and Easter bunnies have nothing to do with the Christian myth.
Christmas is recognized as a secular holiday in the United States and elsewhere, with no religious connotations attributed to its celebration.
Even atheists like yours truly enjoy and celebrate Christmas.
So a very Merry Christmas to all who love the holiday, even my Christian friends!
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty