Instead of posting status updates on Facebook, I am now posting each apothegm, thought, observation, and witticism, here, as a Thought Of The Day.
Status updates on Facebook disappear into the ether and cannot be relocated by readers.
Before you leave, please take a moment to follow this blog by clicking on Follow in the upper right sidebar.
Readers are welcome to contribute thoughts, apothegms, observations, and witticisms. Attribution will be given for any we publish. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject Submission
There are three scenarios that could present themselves in 2018. Hillary could be president, Sanders could be president, or a Republican could be president. Of the three possibilities, a Clinton presidency would be the least desirable going into the 2018 off year elections. The best case scenario would be a Sanders presidency, although I think that unlikely. A Republican presidency would be more desirable than a Clinton presidency. The rationale is fairly easy to comprehend: Hillary’s presidency would be a disaster to defend at the polls. She will have accomplished zero due to Republican control of the House.
But an energized, united Democratic Party running against a Republican lunatic would be more successful than having to defend an uneventful and likely disastrous Clinton presidency.
To succeed in re-taking statehouses across the county, Democrats must be able to generate enthusiasm deep into the ticket.
Were Sanders to be elected president. his coalition will extend far beyond traditional Democratic voters. Sanders is motivating students, young people, seniors, the poor, the working poor, and labor, in ways not seen for generations.
Sanders leading the Democrats into 2018 would be explosive in its potential.
If Clinton is the incumbent, Democrats will fare worse than we did in 2014. Without Obama, there will be a substantially lower turnout among black voters. Add to this that Hillary has no coattails, nor will she in 2018. The 2018 elections will be a mirror of 2014, a disaster for Democrats.
Our choices may well devolve into Hillary vs a Republican. Unless she makes substantial movement to the left, I will not choose Hillary.
Democrats will most likely win control of the Senate next year, a key assumption I make in this entire analysis. With control of the Senate, the worst nightmares of Republicans run amok will be checked.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty