The Animal Rights movement in five words. Perhaps the five most profound words ever uttered.
They were included in a comment by a reader of the Armory. She was quoting one Peter J Long, who authored a book by that title, addressing the fact that all sentient life is equally valuable, equally entitled to exit. That every life has the same right to be on the Earth as any other.
I was moved by the beauty of the sentiment and struck by the power of those words.
Most people, all the world’s governments, and every major religion, reject that concept.
Animal Rights activists are at odds with all human societies and most of the human race.
We are enemies of every government on Earth.
That we value the lives of non-humans as much as we do humans sets us apart from most people. And it instills in us the ability to objectively evaluate human conduct toward our fellow Earthlings.
Animal activists are the baseline of human conduct, of human rights, of human treatment of one another. Animal Rights is synonymous with universal rights. If one subscribes to Animal Rights one already embraces human rights, already champions the oppressed in society, the disenfranchised, the poor, the weak, the infirm. Animal Rights cannot exist in a society that condones the oppression of anyone.
To support Animal Rights is to embrace universal rights. The recognition of human rights is a necessary precursor to embracing Animal Rights.
Which makes those who embrace Animal Rights the moral conscience of the human race. The moral compass against which all human actions must be judged.
The highest moral standard on Earth.
The worldview of Animal Rights advocates is truly revolutionary. Recognizing all sentient life as equally valuable is the most radical idea in all human history. More radical than any religion, more radical than any belief system, more radical than democracy, more radical than human rights.
Animal Rights is the pinnacle of human evolution.
A standard ignored by most of humanity.
Those who do not recognize the rights of animals are our enemies, be they friends, family, or strangers.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty