The possibility of a Republican president appointing another Alito, Thomas, or Scalia is the threat Wall Street Democrats use in hopes of keeping Sanders voters on the reservation if Hillary is nominated.
A fair question to propound to Hillary would be: Whom would you appoint to the Court?
That she is silent on the subject gives me pause. And makes me question whether her appointments would be any better than would be the Republican picks. For animal activists, there is little likelihood that any appointee to the Court by either party would be acceptable.
A Republican president may well appoint another reactionary strict constructionist to the Court. But the overwhelming likelihood is that the Democrats will control the Senate and could reject such an appointment.
Even if the old boy network in the Senate were to prevail, our analysis of the risk of such an appointee being named to the Court should be weighed against the effect of Hillary and her cadre of establishment hacks controlling the Democratic Party.
For the first time in history, the party has the possibility of becoming a democratic socialist party. We would be much closer to bringing that about if Sanders were to be nominated. But if Hillary is defeated, the left wing of the party will be poised to assert itself.
The future of the party is its young people, a demographic that supports Bernie by upwards of 80%. The years of Wall Street control of the party are numbered. We hope to accelerate that timetable.
Making the Democratic Party a democratic socialist party is my primary political objective. But the primary objective of most Democrats should be the future control of the House of Representatives, which will turn on which party controls the most state legislatures in 2020, when reapportionment of congressional seats occurs after the 2020 Census.
Republicans currently hold a majority of House seats due to the gerrymandering of district lines by Republican controlled statehouses in 2010. If Republicans again hold a majority of states, the same control of Congress will be extended until 2030.
And that is the most likely result of Hillary winning the presidency.
Hillary’s term will be mired in gridlock as has been Obama’s. The Republicans will continue to hold the House, Democrats will likely control the Senate. Nothing will be accomplished, and an unpopular and weak President Hillary Clinton will be seeking re-election in 2020. Even if she is re-elected, her coattails will be minimal, and she will not be able to affect the election of Democratic candidates for state legislative seats at the bottom of the ticket.
For animal activists, the question of Hillary or a Republican is a moot one. We need only look at Obama’s record to see that a Wall Street Democrat will do nothing for the animals. Wild horses will continue to be rounded up and sent to slaughter, wolves will remain de-listed, Wildlife Services will continue to act like a wholly owned subsidiary of the cattle industry, Big Ag will continue to run slaughterlines at maximum speed, hunting, mining, and drilling will continue on federal land.
Were Hillary to suddenly get religion and pledge to stop the wild horse roundups or abolish Wildlife Services, animal activists would have an incentive to elect her.
And I would be leading the effort.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty