Sharia law, the barbaric Islamic ecclesiastical code from the Eight Century, is the guiding dogma of ISIS and other radical Islamic terrorists. Sharia law is also the dogma of US ally Saudi Arabia.
Sharia law prohibits homosexuality, drinking, pre-marital sex, as well such offenses as murder, theft, adultery, dissing one’s parents, etc. It generally follows the Abrahamic prohibitions of the Ten Commandments. And like the Old Testament, Sharia law provides punishments of the death penalty, stoning of women, killing infidels, cutting off hands, poking out eyes, whipping rape victims, murdering converts to Christianity, etc.
One can hardly hold the excesses and barbarity of Sharia law against Muslims who do not subscribe to it, any more than we would condemn Jews for biblical requirements that people be stoned to death for gathering sticks on the Sabbath.
But logic would dictate that any Islamic nation which employs Sharia law is as barbaric as is the ISIS caliphate.
Why aren’t we bombing Saudi Arabia for beheading Yemenis? For sentencing to death Muslim converts to other faiths? Why is Sharia law tolerable when employed by our allies and intolerable when employed by ISIS?
Could it be that we have no moral compass whatsoever?
We seem to pick and choose our allies based upon the moral question of whether or not Big Oil and defense contractors can make money on the alliance.
The US maintains 900 military bases around the world, in 156 countries.
By any analysis, we are occupying the rest of the world.
Our foreign policy is based on empire, not on morality.
I wrote this on January 1st, the day before Saudi Arabia executed 47 dissidents, including a prominent Shia cleric. You will recall that we did not send in drones nor bomb the Saudi capital. Our response was a tersely written note from an underling at State, stating that escalating tensions between Sunni Saudi Arabia and Shi’ite Iran was not a good idea.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty