Look at the bills in your wallet and the change in your pocket. There are slaveholders on the $1 bill, the nickel, and the quarter; a genocidal murderer on the $20, a racist on the dime. Even the Great Emancipator, on the penny and the $5, wanted to send freed African Americans back to Africa.
Our history is a disgrace, because humans are a disgrace.
Our last great president was Teddy Roosevelt, a progressive Republican who tried to ban corporate influence from politics. Every president since TR has been either a Wall Street Democrat or a conservative Republican.
Liberals invoke FDR as the great progressive of the 20th Century, but the liberal programs he instituted were done for the purpose of defusing potential discontent in the streets. FDR’s goal was to preserve capitalism and avoid a Bolshevik revolution in America.
Liberals also whitewash FDR’s racist policies, the incarceration of Japanese Americans, and his silence on segregation. Harry Truman may have been more socially liberal, but he committed the worst war crimes in American history.
Democrats continue to extol a slaveholder, Jefferson, and a homicidal maniac, Andrew Jackson. More recent objects of hero worship are Bill Clinton, who effectively sold the party to Wall Street and Big Business during his administration, and Barack Obama, who engineered the most lucrative trade deal for multinational corporations in history.
It is time for a president of whom we can be proud. One who reflects our values and our aspirations.
One who is neither an apologist for the criminals of the past, nor willing to be a criminal in the future.
We need Bernie Sanders.
If elected he will be the first progressive president sworn in since the assassination of William McKinley. He will don the mantle of progressive politics last carried by Teddy Roosevelt. He will end the occupation of the White House by Wall Street Democrats and conservative Republicans.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty