For all those animals trapped in the food system, the animal movement does not exist.
They are born, enslaved, tortured, and murdered.
Almost 200 million are born each day. And almost 200 million are murdered each day.
The animal movement does not exist for those victims. We preach veganism, we recruit animal activists, we try to persuade our families, friends, and neighbors to adopt cruelty free lifestyles.
We fail miserably.
We fail because of indifference, because of cowardice, because of greed, because of capitalist propaganda.
And we fail because carnists are reproducing faster than we are convincing people to become vegan.
But most of all, we fail because we do not know what we are doing.
So, we must ask ourselves the unthinkable question: How many animals are we willing to let be murdered before we acknowledge that what we are doing is not working?
Right now that number is more than two an a half trillion. That is how many land and sea creatures are murdered each and every year. And that seems not to be sufficient to raise our consciousness.
In fact, by choosing to continue what we are doing is tantamount to approving of those two and a half trillion murders each year.
We are pissing into the wind. We are trying to turn the tide with teacups. We are blind to our ineffectiveness, we retreat into fantasy, we refuse to look at the harsh reality of an animal movement which exists in name only.
Do you love animals? I am sure you do. Do you rescue, adopt, transport, donate? I would be surprised if you did not.
But you and I and the thousands of animal activists around the world who have been active over the last 50 years have rescued FEWER CREATURES THAN WILL BE MURDERED IN SLAUGHTERHOUSES IN THE NEXT 8 HOURS!
For us to continue as we have been is nothing less than criminal negligence on all of our parts.
We are horrified at animal abuse and cruelty, but our refusal to recognize that we are causing murders by our inaction makes us no better than the monsters we are supposed to be fighting.
The Animal Holocaust claims over 60 billion victims each year in slaughterhouses. Which is equivalent to a Nazi Holocaust every hour of every day, year in and year out.
We know who does the killing. We know where they do the killing. We know the names of the slaughterhouse owners, the names of the corporate boards of directors, the thugs they hire to wield the knives and the bone saws.
We know how to stop them.
But we don’t.
That has to change. We must take the fight to the killers. To the profiteers. To the capitalists.
Such direct action might lead to social revolution. Maybe it won’t. Even if our direct action had no effect other than dissuading others from becoming animal killers, it would be a resounding success in comparison to the utter failure of our present courses of action.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.