How many innocent animals must die before we recognize that what we are doing is not stopping, or even reducing, the Animal Holocaust?
Baby calves, lambs, piglets, are murdered every hour of every day. They are born into slavery, torn from their mothers, abused, tortured, terrified, and slaughtered.
We object, we commiserate, we try to recruit vegans, we educate, we share memes, we post, donate, email, and sign petitions.
Nothing changes. And nothing can change as long as the law permits animal ownership and exploitation. Nothing can change as long as the government protects, enables, and subsidizes the slaughter industries.
Nothing can change so long as Wall Street owns most members of Congress, controls most government departments and regulatory agencies, and whose lobbyists write most of the laws.
The very system under which we live is the enemy of animals. The enemy of change, the enemy of activists in general, and of animal activists in particular.
We have no strategies, no goals, no plans. We react to one crisis after another. One horror at a time. We save those animals we can, but all we save a but a drop in the sea. For most animal victims of human cruelty, the animal movement does not even exist.
If we really want to save animals, if we want to end or substantially reduce the number of animals murdered each year in the food system, if we believe animals have as much right to live as humans do, we have only one course of action as a movement.
Short term we must inflict as much damage to the status quo as possible. Politically that means defeating anyone who supports the status quo. It means fighting the political establishment. It means participating in Sanders’ political “revolution.” It means fighting Wall Street, corporatism, corporate welfare, private financing of political campaigns. While none of that will directly help animals, it will allow us to recruit political radicals and it will weaken the stranglehold the oligarchs have on the US government.
Long term we must engage in rebellion. We must bring down government, end capitalism, take up arms against the murderers, wage revolution.
Revolution won’t happen soon, it may not happen for decades. But it will never happen unless we recognize the imperative for revolution.
Revolution, vigilantism, direct action, hacktivism should all be on our agenda.
Billions upon billions of animals lives depend on us.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.