Instead of posting status updates on Facebook, I am now posting each apothegm, thought, observation, and witticism, here, as a Thought Of The Day.
Status updates on Facebook disappear into the ether and cannot be relocated by readers.
Before you leave, please take a moment to follow this blog by clicking on Follow in the upper right sidebar.
Readers are welcome to contribute thoughts, apothegms, observations, and witticisms. Attribution will be given for any we publish. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Submission
The best scenario for animals would be human extinction, not merely human population reduction. Human extinction may absolve us of the responsibility to act, but that is a long way off. The next best thing for the animals, short of the disappearance of humans, is to fundamentally change human society. The establishment of socialism around the world would mean a drastic reduction in the amount of animal enslavement, torture, and murder. Not because socialism is disposed toward animal rights, or even animal welfare, but because a reduction in animal murder is a by-product of socialist economics. Socialist societies murder and consume half the animals per capita as do capitalist societies. Were socialism to be adopted around the world, the current 60 billion victims of slaughterhouses would drop to 30 billion. To put that into perspective, the worldwide animal movement saves about a million animals each year. Socialism would save 30,000 TIMES THAT NUMBER, each year!
If this information were known to most animal activists, the animal movement would become a revolutionary socialist movement overnight.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• Natasha Sainsbury, of Good Karma Graphic Design, has joined Armory of the Revolution as Editor, and is responsible for the transformation of the blog’s appearance. Visit and follow her blog V Kind.
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.
One thought on “Thought Of The Day. February 13, 2016”
Animal rights, to be effective, must not be a single issue campaign. So many I know who care deeply about animal issues know nothing about politics and excuse themselves from learning or voting. We have the opportunity in 2016 to fundamentlly alter American politics, and therefore raise the bar on animal issues. But only if we step up and get involved. The first step is to volunteer in the Sanders movement/campaign. He brings the progressive party with him. Imagine Sanders, Warren, liberal supreme court appointees, liberalizing the house and senate. Join the revolution. Its our best shot.