Instead of posting status updates on Facebook, I am now posting each apothegm, thought, observation, and witticism, here, as a Thought Of The Day.
Status updates on Facebook disappear into the ether and cannot be relocated by readers.
Before you leave, please take a moment to follow this blog by clicking on Follow in the upper right sidebar.
Readers are welcome to contribute thoughts, apothegms, observations, and witticisms. Attribution will be given for any we publish. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Submission
Some animal activists focus their outrage on serial animal killers (hunters) while ignoring the greater horrors of the food industries and consumers.
I believe all sentient life is equally valuable. The number of victims of human hunters is likely less than a few hundred million annually, about the number of victims slaughterhouses will murder in the next day or two.
An animal in the wild is no more precious than one in a factory farm slave camp. And the wild creature at least lives in freedom before he is murdered.
Ideally, our goal would be to end any and all murders of our fellow Earthlings. That is a goal that will never be achieved as long as humans exist, so we work to minimize the horrors humans cause.
The most effective avenue would be worldwide social revolution, which would radically disrupt the slaughter industries and institutionalized slavery and exploitation.
Short of that, we must work to reduce corporate influence in government. In the US, the struggle is between capitalists in both parties, and the progressive wing of the Democratic Party, now being led by Bernie Sanders.
While Sanders is neither vegan nor anti-hunting, the policies he advocates will reduce the number of animals murdered by both government and industry.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.