One of the most disturbing comments ever made by Hillary Clinton was in support of her husband’s crime bill.
She called black youths “super predators” and announced that they should be “brought to heel.”
The black political establishment is choosing to forget those ugly words in exchange for positions of influence and access in what they hope is a Hillary Clinton presidency. To help assure that outcome, professional black activists and black political hacks are beating a drum roll to drown out those progressive activists who see Clinton for what she clearly is. And what she is not.
What she is is an opportunist.
And that is the most generous description she can be accorded. More critical observers will opine that Hillary Clinton is not just a political windsock, but an instrument of the people and interests which own her.
The most troubling and suspicious of all are her ties to Wall Street.
Clinton raises millions from banks, lobbyists, hedge funds, and billionaires. She received $675,000 from Goldman Sachs for three one hour speeches! She refuses to disclose what she said in those speeches.
She is an apologist for Monsanto, she sold fracking to the world as Secretary of State, she sat on Walmart’s board while the company exploited third world children in horrific factories.
Her political allies conveniently overlook or excuse her record, ever mindful that money flows from her backers.
Somehow, for some reason, African American voters seem all too willing to be controlled by the political leaders who have made careers and fortunes out of being black.
We saw the result of the black political establishment shutting out Bernie Sanders in South Carolina. We observed the circling of the wagons against the progressive voices of Nina Turner, Cornel West, Dick Gregory, and Ta-Nehesi.
Clinton has actually brought black Americans to heel.
The irony is that it is not African American youth who are being brought to Clinton’s heel, it is older black Americans who should know better.
Black Americans who lived through the War on Drugs, through mandatory minimum sentencing, who witnessed American jobs vanish under Clinton’s NAFTA scam, who were helpless to keep friends and family from plummeting into poverty caused by Bill Clinton’s “welfare reform,” who saw an entire generation of African Americans incarcerated on an alter to Bill Clinton’s ambition.
Black youth, like white youth, are the future of the country. Like most young people they will have to break free of the blinders and shackles imposed on them by older generations.
For the first time in my life the prospect of a political revolution is possible.
But a lot of old black and white folks need to die off or get out of the way for it to succeed.
The millennials will not agree to be under anyone’s heel.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.