I remember, back when I was a Christian, how easy it was to find the ridiculous in other faiths:
Mormons are taught that God is married, and that he and Mrs God live on a planet of a nearby star. Mormons are taught that each of us can become a god, too. They also believe Jesus visited Missouri, that Ancient Jews lived in America and became Indians!
Hindus believe that the world is held up by two giant elephants.
Shintoists believe that the Emperor of Japan is a god.
Scientologists believe our souls were once held prisoner in volcanoes.
All very easy to mock.
But Christians believe some ridiculous things, too.
The most vile, wicked, cruel, murdering rapist and pedophile can live eternally in Heaven just by accepting Christ a minute before he dies, while someone who never heard of Jesus is damned to Hell however good a person he is.
Christians believe that God is all-knowing, yet persist in praying for Him to change His mind!
Christians believe that Bible is the literal Word of God, inspite of scientific evidence that the Bible is wrong about history, science, geography, medicine, astronomy, etc.
Christians even believe that there are angels flying around!
I know. I used be one.
Animals are why I am not.
God demanded animal sacrifices so he could enjoy the smell of their burning flesh. He murdered innocent babies, children and animals in the genocide of Canaan. He drowned billions of animals in the Flood.
Not particularly animal friendly. Not all that friendly toward people, either.
I figured God was evil or didn’t exist. Either way, I was out of there.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.