Instead of posting status updates on Facebook, I am now posting each apothegm, thought, observation, and witticism, here, as a Thought Of The Day.
Status updates on Facebook disappear into the ether and cannot be relocated by readers.
Before you leave, please take a moment to follow this blog by clicking on Follow in the upper right sidebar.
Readers are welcome to contribute thoughts, apothegms, observations, and witticisms. Attribution will be given for any we publish. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject Submission
Some conservatives who love animals are unwilling to examine how cruel capitalism is to animals. They refuse to abandon their political positions, no matter the cost to animals.
Instead, they delude themselves into thinking that Beyond Meat, faux fur, tofurkey, etc, are proof that capitalism can benefit animals.
The driving force behind capitalism is greed. Capitalism only alleviates suffering if there is money to be made in doing so. Capitalism rewards the exploitation of both people and animals exponentially more than it rewards not exploiting them.
Efficiency in slaughtering animals is rewarded by greater profits for reducing the costs of producing meat. There are no rewards or incentives for more humane treatment of those doomed animals, as such humane treatment increases costs. That is precisely why Big Ag opposes reducing the speed of slaughterlines, even though fast lines mean one in every twelve calves is still alive and conscious when their legs are chainsawed off.
Attempts to legislate or enforce more humane treatment are fought by industry lobbyists by bribes to candidates and Congressmen.
Only a socialist system, where no profit incentive for cruelty would exist, offers any hope to the thousands of billions of animals yet to be murdered by capitalists.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.