You know those crazy right wingnuts who play soldier on the weekends? The Ammon Bundy types who storm bird sanctuaries? The inbred duck hunters? The Second Amendment types?
Sure you do.
If you are at all like I am, you are appalled by their politics, their blood lust for hunting, their religious zealotry, and their seeming ignorance of history and philosophy.
Believe it or not, those right wingnuts may be a key to Animal Rights,
Here is my reasoning:
Animal Rights is so antithetical to law and governments that it will not be possible for Animal Rights to be achieved without a change in the status quo. And by change I mean a radical social and political upheaval which will destroy the corporate control of government.
Animal Rights requires the end of the ownership of animals. The reason that the Animal Holocaust can occur is because the victims are legally considered private property and are owned by capitalists to do with as they please.
Animal Rights will not be won at the ballot box, it will be won, if at all, in the aftermath of social revolution.
Whenever that revolution comes about, Animal Rights advocates will only be a small part of the rebellion. As a practical matter there are all too few animal activists to prosecute a revolution and success in overthrowing the capitalist state will require a broad coalition comprised of all enemies of the state.
And those right wingnut militias will surely also be enemies of the state when insurrection breaks out.
Regardless of their dogma, xenophobia, and racism, militias will be targets of the forces of government.
The very first line of defense for the state are local police. Should revolutionaries avoid being crushed by the police, the next wave of defense would be state National Guards, called out by governor’s. Only if revolution is on the cusp of success would federal troops be deployed against the public.
Insurrection will result in martial law, curfews, confiscation of weapons, bans on travel, and other draconian measures that will exacerbate opposition to the government.
In that environment, our comrades will be right wing militias.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.