Societal changes are glacially slow.
Four hundred years of slavery in America.
Five hundred years before women could vote.
And the enslavement, exploitation, and murder of animals since the Dawn of Time.
Each day One Hundred Fifty Million animals are brutally murdered in slaughterhouses.
Six million per hour.
One hundred thousand while you read these words!
Two and a half TRILLION sea creatures are killed in dredges, nets, traps, and ships’ holds.
And many are boiled alive in the most horrific torture imaginable.
And those numbers are expected to increase substantially with the ever-increasing world population.
We each try to save those animals we can. We rescue, foster, donate, transport, cross-post. Many of us pray (lot of good that does!).
We do what we can.
But it is not enough.
I have 8 rescue dogs on the ranch. But while I was saving them, MILLIONS of calves, lambs, and piglets were killed on purpose. Each of them wanting to live, each as much a being as the dogs that I saved.
They were killed by the system in which we live. By our friends, families, neighbors. By their dollars and their indifference.
By businessmen and church-goers, by men in suits and men with knives.
Most are Republicans, but many are Democrats, too.
They are the enemies of life. The enemies of animals. The enemies of people. The scourge of the Earth.
Almost all animal cruelty is caused by capitalism. Meat, dairy, eggs, fur, leather, whaling, sealing, rodeos, circuses, hunting, trapping, are all profit-driven industries.
Take away the profit and the cruelty ends.
No money to be made, no reason to torture and kill.
Changing society from one based on capitalism to one based on compassion probably won’t occur in our lifetimes. Even so, it must be our goal. our reason for living, the Holy Grail of Animal Rights, what we teach our children, what we tell our friends, it should dictate how we vote, Controlling, and ultimately destroying, capitalism is the only way can possibly end the Animal Holocaust.
Animal Rights will be achieved when the Animal Holocaust ends.
The Animal Holocaust will end when we have lynched the last capitalist.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty