Speciesists rail about assault weapons having no purpose other than to kill people, the unmentioned implication being that it is perfectly alright to own other weapons and to kill animals with them.
No one hunts animals with assault weapons, but hundreds of millions of animals are murdered with shotguns, rifles, and bows.
Doesn’t that suggest something to animal activists and those opposed to allowing psychopaths to commit serial killings of fellow Earthlings?
It should suggest we must redefine our goals in seeking gun control, gun safety legislation, and the purpose of the Second Amendment. I have no problem with laws restricting hunting, carrying, and purchasing of guns.
I do not believe we should restrict people from purchasing and owning guns. But I think the guns that people should be able to purchase and own should be assault weapons.
The NRA and most gun nuts are fond of advancing the idea that the Founding Fathers crafted the Second Amendment to provide the people with the ability to withstand and oppose tyranny. In that, they are perfectly correct.
But logic would dictate that if opposition to tyranny and self defense are the constitutional rationales for possessing firearms, restrictions on other uses of firearms are constitutionally permissible. And that is certainly well settled law.
For example, it is illegal in most jurisdictions to shoot people.
The shooting of wild animals could similarly be banned. And such bans would neither contravene the US Constitution nor infringe on the intent of the Founding Fathers to provide the people with the tools to defend themselves, their families, and their communities.
And for those of us who see revolution as the only answer to ending capitalism and the Animal Holocaust, we believe it would be extremely helpful if there were a well armed public!
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty