Instead of posting status updates on Facebook, I am now posting each apothegm, thought, observation, and witticism, here, as a Thought Of The Day.
Status updates on Facebook disappear into the ether and cannot be relocated by readers.
Before you leave, please take a moment to follow this blog by clicking on Follow in the upper right sidebar.
Readers are welcome to contribute thoughts, apothegms, observations, and witticisms. Attribution will be given for any we publish. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Submission
The whole world joins in outrage and sorrow for the loss of lives in Brussels. I do as well.
But the loss of dozens of human lives in a single act of terror pales when compared to the terror humans inflict upon animals every second of every hour of every day. 24/7. Year in and out.
In the time it takes to blink an eye, humans murder one hundred times the number of victims as ISIS claimed in Brussels.
Where is the outrage? The sorrow? The revenge? The resolve to stop the horror?
The lives of sentient beings are equally valuable. Each wants to live. Each can feel pain. Each wants to be free. Each has the same right to live on this Earth.
Had ISIS wiped out every human in Europe their crimes would still be less than the crimes the human race commits against animals in a single day.
Until we gain perspective, we can never stop the Animal Holocaust.
Until we recognize that the local slaughterhouse is more evil than is ISIS, we continue to be speciesists.
Animal rights activists know that speciesism is the greatest evil in the world.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty