Clinton campaign chief linked to Russian bank listed in Panama Papers
The head of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign is linked to a Russian bank involved with an emerging international scandal, according to documents reported on Tuesday.
Related Story: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2587617
Registration forms indicate that the Podesta Group signed up to lobby for the Sberbank of Russia in Washington about a month ago, in early March. The bank has been implicated in a scheme unearthed on Sunday in which leaders worldwide illegally stashed their assets overseas.
The Podesta Group was founded by John Podesta, the chairman of Clinton’s 2016 campaign for president and a chief of staff to former president Bill Clinton. His brother, Anthony Podesta, is listed as a lobbyist for the account on the March filing.
More from the Washington Examiner
The form, which was first discovered by the Washington Free Beacon, also lists three affiliated companies. Those include the Luxembourg-based SB International, Cyprus-based SBGB and Troika Dialogue Group, located in the Cayman Islands.
Related Story: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2587665
The Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project, the collection of journalists responsible for initially reporting on the papers, have indicated that Troika Dialogue and Sberbank are tied to Russian President Vladimir Putin and his associates. Troika reportedly signed away assets to another company, Avto Holdings, owned by Sergei Roldugin, a godfather to Putin’s daughter.
The Panama Papers, comprised of 11.5 million pages leaked from Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca, were first revealed on Sunday.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty