Probably the most common reason given for supporting Hillary is that she would become the first female president of the United States.
That being a women should not disqualify one from being president is a generally accepted truism, even though women still are fighting for equality that has been denied them since women were prohibited from owning property and voting.
But the argument that Hillary should be president because she is a woman and it is time for a woman to become president is akin to saying that her qualification for office is her vagina.
All other factors being equal, it would be a reasonable call for a vagina to tip the scales in a candidate’s favor.
But those other factors must be equal. Are they?
The most important factors in evaluating the candidates should be their policies, their integrity, and their honesty.
If the candidates are comparable in those areas, a tie-breaker vagina card could be played.
In the race for the Democratic nomination, few of the factors are equal.
Both are feminists. Both support a woman’s right to choose. But only Bernie Sanders believes in the right to reproductive healthcare. Hillary Clinton believes it is a privilege.
Our choice is an establishment incrementalist versus a political revolutionary.
A Wall Street supporter versus a Wall Street reformer.
A supporter of the status quo on healthcare versus a proponent of universal healthcare.
A foreign policy hawk versus a foreign policy dove.
A supporter of Big Banks versus an enemy of Big Banks.
A supporter of the death penalty versus an opponent of the death penalty.
A recent convert to gay rights versus a long term supporter of gay rights.
A supporter of the War on Drugs versus an opponent of the War on Drugs.
A supporter of the private prison industry versus an opponent of the private prison industry.
A supporter of fracking versus an opponent of fracking.
An opponent of GMO labeling versus a supporter of GMO labeling.
An opponent of transparency in government versus a supporter of transparency in government.
A proponent of US interventionism and regime change versus an opponent of US interventionism and regime change.
An opponent of tuition free public colleges and universities versus a supporter of tuition free public colleges and universities.
An opponent of legalizing pot versus a supporter of legalizing pot.
A supporter of taxpayers bailing out Wall Street versus an opponent of taxpayers bailing out Wall Street.
At the very bottom of the list is which candidate has a vagina.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty