Leaving Wall Street Democrats in charge of the Democratic party is a much more dangerous course of action than throwing them out. The number one establishment talking point is that we must keep the conservative Democrats in office to keep the conservative Republicans out of office. That line of propaganda is wearing thin.
There are three reasons to vote for Trump over Hillary:
Trump is closer to Bernie than is Hillary on trade, military interventionism, foreign policy, corporate ownership of Congress, lobbyists, and the revolving door between industry and the executive branch.
With the defeat of Hillary, Bernie will be the most prominent and influential Democrat in the party. He will be able to continue his political revolution without opposition and obstruction from Hillary and her cohorts.
If Hillary is elected, Democrats will be shut out in reapportionment after the 2020 Census, assuring Republican control of the House for another decade. Whichever party gains the White House this year will lose statehouse races in 2018 and 2020. For Democrats, a Hillary presidency will be a disaster for the future of the party.
The political establishment is in full panic mode. Normally, no matter if a Republican or a Democrat is elected, the fix is in. Wall Street tentacles extend deep into both parties. Whomever is president is indebted to special interest money and lobbyists. On substantive issues that affect profits to industry, there is usually little difference between the candidates.
Trump has changed the equation. He has tapped into a populist rage against the establishment, and does not need special interest money to seek the presidency. As a result, the establishment has no hook in Trump. They cannot control him. They have no reason to believe he will play ball with them if he is elected.
The result is that the establishment has been circling the wagons, waging a propaganda war against Trump, doing all in their power to derail his campaign and to demonize the man and his message.
The establishment will throw everything behind Hillary if Trump is nominated. We saw the first signs of that resolve with the quasi endorsement of Hillary by Charles Koch. The Koch brothers are perhaps the most prolific financiers of right wing candidates in the country. They are enemies of the environment, of labor, of social safety nets, of people of color, of government regulation, of the Environmental Protection Agency, of climate science, of voting rights, of taxation of the wealthy. They support the sale of federal lands, mining and drilling in National parks, drilling in the Arctic, the Keystone pipeline, the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), corporate welfare, unlimited political contributions, etc.
Bernie voters have the choice of cleaning house in the Democratic party or living with Wall Street Democrats in charge through another presidential term. They can choose between throwing the dice on reapportionment, or assuring a reasonable opportunity to regain the House.
Bernie voters can vote for a neocon hawk or they can vote for Trump.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty