Last week Charles Koch endorsed Hillary over Donald Trump and signaled the establishment that Hillary was their candidate.
This week, the establishment fell into line.
Bush 41 and Bush 43 refused to support Trump. So did failed brother Jeb.
For those not familiar with Charles Koch, he is one of the Koch brothers, of Koch Industries. They are billionaire right wing financiers of candidates who deny climate change, oppose protecting the environment, support voter suppression, support selling off federal lands, drilling and mining in National Parks, want to privatize Social Security, eliminate the Departments of Education, Labor, Health and Human Services, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the Internal Revenue Service, the US Postal Service, and the Veteran’s Administration.
And they support Hillary Clinton!
WTF you say?
If you do not understand why they do, you have not been paying attention.
Hillary Clinton has been on every side of every major issue since she was First Lady of Arkansas. She is a political windsock who leads from the rear. She makes policy decisions based upon polling rather than upon principle.
A quick review of her record demonstrates how shallow and cynical she is.
She once was a champion of universal healthcare during Bill’s first term. When she was elected to the Senate, she was showered in campaign donations from the healthcare lobby and the insurance industry, Voila! She no longer supports universal healthcare.
Up until 2 years ago, Hillary was a staunch supporter of the Defense of Marriage Act, which allowed discrimination against gay marriage. Polling showed Americans overwhelmingly support LGBT rights. Voila! She is now in favor of LGBT rights.
Hillary supported mandatory minimum sentencing and the War on Drugs, which resulted in the incarceration of an entire generation of black Americans. She now opposes mandatory minimum sentences, but still opposes legalizing marijuana, a position which reflects the bribes she has received from the private prison lobby.
Hillary was paid $675,000 in “speaking fees” by Goldman Sachs. The chairman of Goldman Sachs supports her for president. Voila! Hillary is opposed to breaking up banks that are too big to fail.
Trump, on the other hand, is not beholden to anyone. The establishment has no hook in him. Charles Koch and his cohorts cannot count on Trump for anything.
So the establishment is flocking to Hillary. They can count on her. They bought and paid for her.
Curious how poor black folks in the South and in the inner cities would have the same candidate as do Wall Street billionaires. Curious that working men and women struggling to meet their mortgages or live on the minimum wage would support the same candidate for president as do the corporate thugs that own Goldman Sachs and Walmart.
The only possible answer is that someone is lying.
You don’t suppose it could be Hillary, do you?
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.