Make no mistake, I am in it with Bernie to win it. Should Bernie become the nominee, it is almost certain that he will become the 45th president of the United States.
Many of my posts address the course of action we Berners should take if Hillary is nominated, which is a very real possibility. My reasoning is twofold. We should have plans in place if needed, and it is helpful if Hillary trolls are reporting our resolve not to support her.
While the Hillary camp is unimpressed with talk of write-in votes for Bernie, Berners voting Green or staying home, they terrified of the possibility that Bernie supporters are so pissed off that they will vote for Trump over Hillary.
The Hillary machine is basing their calculations on the 2008 primaries. Obama led Hillary going into the convention, and Hillary folded. She expects Bernie to do the same. She made a deal with Obama (he wouldn’t select a female running mate, she would become Secretary of State) and everyone got happy.
The difference is that Bernie has substantive, philosophical differences with Hillary, while her differences with Obama were that she didn’t have the votes to beat him. She was a political animal posturing for her own political future, while Bernie is a principled advocate concerned about the future of his movement and the Democratic party.
The Democratic party is corrupt. It’s leadership is working for Hillary. It’s superdelegates are hand-picked to be a firewall against any insurgent campaign. The primary schedule was set up to thwart any lesser known candidate from gaining momentum against an establishment candidate. The convention Rules Committee is hand picked by the DNC chair.
But the entire rigged system is a house of cards if rank-and-file Democrats do not support the Democratic establishment and refuse to vote for the Wall Street Democrats who control the party and hold most offices.
There are over 500 superdelegates hand picked by Hillary’s cohorts. They are her firewall against Bernie. They are lobbyists, political insiders, Wall Street hacks, and sycophants, all looking to get something out of Hillary if she becomes president.
But there are thousands of Democrats running for office across the country, from US Senate candidates to state legislators to county commissioners and city councilmen, whose electoral success is dependent upon a unified Democratic party.
It is to those candidates whom this article is addressed.
Because if you have anything to do with Hillary Clinton becoming the Democratic nominee, we Bernie supporters are going to vote against you in November.
This is not a threat. This is a promise.
The smartest thing you could be doing right now is contacting the Democratic superdelegates and urging them to support Bernie at the convention in Philadelphia.
If Bernie loses, so do you.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty