There are a number of minor parties in America that offer progressive agendas and advocate for social and economic justice. The most well known are the Greens (Green party), but others include the Peace and Freedom party, the Socialists, the Democratic Socialists, Progressives, the Humane party, etc.
In contrast, the Democratic and Republican parties are indistinguishable from each other on foreign policy, war, military interventionism, trade agreements, Wall Street ties, corporate welfare, offshore drilling, fracking, GMOs, truth in food labeling, aid to Israel, drone attacks on civilians, and mass deportation of the undocumented.
Until this year!
Bernie Sanders’ political revolution is redefining what it means to be a Democrat. Bernie’s campaign is marginalizing the Wall Street Democrats who have controlled the party for decades.
Even if Bernie does not win the nomination, he has already won the soul of the party.
The Clinton wing of the party now consists of Wall Street lobbyists, political hacks, Blue Dog Democrats, and establishment operatives and bagmen.
Among the rank-and-file, Bernie now commands a majority of Democratic support.
But Wall Street and the billionaires will not go gently into the night. They will continue to cling to power as long as they possibly can. They will not willingly release their grip on the throats of the party leadership. And the party leaders will not willingly pass up the millions in bribes and “donations” that fuel the oligarchy.
If Bernie is not the nominee, only the defeat of Hillary Clinton can free the Democrats of Wall Street, Big Oil, Big Pharma, Big Ag, the military-industrial complex, etc.
With Hillary’s defeat, the Democratic party is poised to become a progressive party. A party which will advocate for social and economic justice, for peace, for democratic socialism, for the environment.
And it will be either because Bernie Sanders becomes president, or because Donald Trump does.
Don’t miss these related articles:
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty