As a liberal, I am embarrassed at how stupid many of my fellow liberals can be. We mock rednecks and right wingnuts for their lack of critical thinking, but many of us are actually even more guilty of leaving our minds with the hat check girl if someone yells “racist” or some equally politically correct epithet.
In fact, we liberals have become programmed to value political correctness over all things. We find it much more reprehensible that Trump says politically incorrect things about Muslims, for example, than that Hillary has actually killed Muslims.
We find politically incorrect rhetoric more damning than crimes against humanity.
We accept the most outrageous allegations against our political opponents if they are couched in our understanding of what is politically incorrect and might be offensive to some group or constituency, without employing even basic critical analysis.
Such a realization should give any intelligent person pause, and require a careful re-evaluation of one’s world-view.
This kind of mindless, knee-jerk reaction can be found on almost any thread on Facebook about Donald Trump.
Trump is certainly not a liberal, and there are all kinds of legitimate criticisms of his positions that can be raised by liberals in condemning policies that Trump would enact if he could.
My differences with Trump are profound, as I presume are those of most on the political left.
Trump is a capitalist. I am a socialist.
Trump is a Christian. I am an atheist.
Trump wants to build the military. I want to deplete the military.
Trump wants to build a border wall. I am for open borders.
Trump wants to ban Muslims. I want to provide sanctuary.
Trump wants to deport illegals. I welcome all to America.
Certainly quite a menu of topics upon which to dwell with critical discussion and analysis.
But what do liberals do? Do they structure logical refutations of his positions? Do they address the underlying concerns of those who support Trump and embrace his positions?
Instead they attack him as a bigot, a racist, a xenophobe, a misogynist, a fascist. And ignore any substantive criticism.
In doing so, liberals are merely reinforcing the herd instinct that political correctness requires.
Political correctness is shorthand for intellectual masturbation.
The aversion some have to even framing coherent thoughts is particularly evident among those who are asked to evaluate positions that Trump holds which are relatively progressive. For example, Trump opposes trade agreements, supports universal healthcare, opposes lobbyists and the revolving door, wants to audit the Federal Reserve, opposes regime change and military interventionism.
The idea that Trump is actually left of Hillary on a number of important issues causes brain farts among some liberals.
As such is contrary to their pre-programmed view of Trump as a fascist troglodyte, his positions are dismissed or rationalized away.
It is that button we allow to be pushed upon which the establishment so relies.
The powers that be play us like violins.
We buy their bullshit and spray it upon all in our way.
Liberals would be much better served were we to rely on our intellects and reason than on accommodating the political correctness police that we have allowed to inhabit our minds.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.