Instead of posting status updates on Facebook, I am now posting each apothegm, thought, observation, and witticism, here, as a Thought Of The Day.
Status updates on Facebook disappear into the ether and cannot be relocated by readers.
Before you leave, please take a moment to follow this blog by clicking on Follow in the upper right sidebar.
Readers are welcome to contribute thoughts, apothegms, observations, and witticisms. Attribution will be given for any we publish. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject Submission
I can think of no greater waste of one’s vote than to cast it for someone who is not running and to be sure it is not even counted.
Bernie has said he will support Hillary if she is nominated. In doing so, Sanders is motivated by the long term benefits of the Democratic party being the vehicle for his political revolution. While an independent or third party run would provide short term enthusiasm, there is little to no likelihood such a campaign would be successful. More importantly, he would have to surrender the considerable influence he presently commands as a Democrat.
The best case scenario (aside from Sanders being nominated and elected, of course) for the future of Bernie’s revolution would be that Hillary Clinton is defeated for president in November.
Consider: Half of all Democrats in the country support a democratic socialist for president, an unbelievable accomplishment of the Sanders campaign. The revolution has achieved half of its objective to change the political system.
It may take several election cycles to fully transform the Democrats into a democratic socialist party.
Fewer, if Bernie is not obstructed by a President Hillary.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.