My news feed constantly contains memes from animal activists decrying the fact that Donald Trump’s sons, Donald Jr and Eric, are notorious big game hunters. This fact alone is apparently supposed to rally opposition to Trump and in favor of Hillary Clinton.
Trump’s sons are serial killers. A perfectly accurate and reasonable description of one who kills for some perverted joy in it, and then collects grisly trophies of their kills in an equally perverted need to constantly relive the murders.
Despicable as his sons are, Trump himself does not hunt, and never has. Unlike, for example, Hillary Clinton, who does hunt.
And brags about it.
Hillary is responsible for killing more than just a few animals while hunting. She is responsible for the killings of hundreds of millions of animals every year caused by the trade agreements she supports. Trade agreements encourage and reward the most barbaric animal agriculture practices, they make slaughter more profitable, animal corpses cheaper, they prevent banning live export, they require countries to ban country of origin labeling to prevent consumer boycotts, they override environmental, labor, and anti-cruelty laws.
Hillary not only supports those agreements, she helped write them. Donald Trump, in contrast, opposes every single one of them.
If animals are a priority in whom you support, you cannot logically support Hillary Clinton.
Animal activists who argue for Clinton are either unaware of her record and positions, or they are frauds.
Many people who call themselves animal activists have priorities more important to them than animals. Those priorities may be religion, abortion, guns, whatever. And they certainly have the right to support whichever candidate they choose. But they do the animals an incredible disservice when they attempt to justify their support of an anti-animal candidate (Hillary Clinton) by ignoring the harm those candidates will do to animals.
Most all my Facebook friends are political leftists or animal activists. So I was quite surprised to see a Facebook friend of mine make virulent anti-Bernie comments on several threads. She had never impressed me as a particularly well informed person or a deep thinker, so I sent her several articles explaining why Hillary was worse for animals than Donald Trump, and how Hillary’s policies kill hundreds of millions of animal each year because of trade policies she embraces.
Her reaction was so bizarre as to be almost comical. Rather than address any of the issues I raised about Hillary, she excoriated me as being “a creepy man like the Wizard of Oz,” and a narcissist
Then she blocked me! Lol.
Some people cannot face the truth about anything. Especially when it is about themselves.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.