Trade agreements costing US jobs is the result of US corporations using near slave labor in third world countries. The average factory worker in Viet Nam, for example, earns 55 cents per hour. To his credit, Trump has threatened to abrogate all our trade agreements, which is a primary reason that the political establishment is terrified of Trump. They do not own him, have no hooks into him, and cannot control him.
Trump is way more intelligent than he is given credit for being. He communicates in monosyllables to his incredibly unsophisticated base. He makes things simplistic on purpose. People are pissed at China and don’t like the fact that trade agreements have cost 5 million US jobs, so he beats up on China while trying to torpedo the TPP.
For me, his anti trade agreement positions alone make him the second choice to Sanders.
Equally important are the effects which a Trump presidency would have on Bernie’s revolution (it would allow it to flourish in the absence of a Democratic president to block Sanders at every turn) and the effect a Trump presidency would have on control of the House of Representatives.
If Trump is elected, Democrats will sweep in 2018 and win enough statehouses and legislative chambers to control reapportionment after the 2020 Census. If Hillary wins, Democrats will be swamped in 2018 by an even greater margin than we were in 2014. Republicans will gain in the House, Senate, governorships and state legislatures. They will retain control of enough states to control reapportionment, and will gerrymander the House as they did in 2010
Except for those lobbyists and political hacks who will get patronage positions if Hillary wins, no intelligent, reasoning Democrat, progressive or conservative, should vote for Hillary in November.
She might win, but she will destroy the Democratic party in doing so. Democrats will not control Congress and the White House until at least 2030.
We will pay a huge price for bragging rights that we elected a vagina for the first time.
I have no problem with the vagina. It just needs to be attached to a progressive heart and a liberal soul.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.