There are parallels to be seen between Barack Obama as the first African American president, and Hillary Clinton, who aspires to be the first female president.
Blacks are understandably proud that Obama was elected. So proud, in fact, that they are not particularly critical of his record. Most blacks do not scrutinize Obama’s actual policies and performance, and are content to look no further than Obama’s pigmentation.
A critical look at Obama reveals a president that did little for black Americans, aside from naming a few Wall Street blacks to positions in his administration.
Democrats who supported Barack Obama against Hillary Clinton in 2008 expected the change that Obama promised. We expected a progressive administration, a liberal agenda, major changes to the status quo. What we got was the status quo.
Obama reduced our presence in Iraq, but continued war in Afghanistan. He bailed out Wall Street with taxpayers’ money. He got Obamacare adopted, but gave insurance companies and Big Pharma billions in the process. He has built more nuclear weapons than any president since they were invented. He deported more undocumented people than any president in history. He appointed industry executives and lobbyists to positions in his administration. Goldman Sachs, Monsanto, Lehman Brothers alums all are part of the Obama administration.
A careful examination of Obama’s policies and priorities proves that Barack Obama is closer to Ronald Reagan than he is to the members of the Democratic party. Obama’s judicial nominations are hardly progressive. His latest, Merrick Garland, is a right of center Republican.
Obama’s positions on gun control, amnesty for the undocumented, corporate welfare, private financing of campaigns, are indistinguishable from those of Reagan.
Just as blacks were ecstatic at the prospect of a black president, feminists are salivating at the prospect of a female president.
Apparently, for many, the possession of a uterus is the only test of a presidential candidate.
That the particular uterus opposes healthcare for all women, has a record of bombing and killing women, and opposes all women having the right to free college educations is of no importance.
What is important is that a uterus gets to be president.
The parallels are stark and obvious. Both Obama and Hillary claim support from their core constituencies while being absolutely indifferent to them. Obama didn’t do squat for black Americans, Hillary hasn’t done squat for American women.
And both are closer to Ronald Reagan than they are to the average Democrat.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.