Instead of posting status updates on Facebook, I am now posting each apothegm, thought, observation, and witticism, here, as a Thought Of The Day.
Status updates on Facebook disappear into the ether and cannot be relocated by readers.
Before you leave, please take a moment to follow this blog by clicking on Follow in the upper right sidebar.
Readers are welcome to contribute thoughts, apothegms, observations, and witticisms. Attribution will be given for any we publish. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject Submission
Despite threats and warnings of likely economic doom, voters in the UK stunned the political establishment by voting to leave the EU.
The threats came from all quarters. All quarters of the political and economic Establishment, that is.
Barack Obama stuck his nose in. David Cameron of the Tories, Jeremy Corbin of Labour. Nick Clegg of the Liberal Democrats, and even the Greens called for the country to remain in the EU.
The voting was not ideological. It was a popular uprising against those in power, it was a rejection of the status quo. It was economic and social populism catching fire across the UK.
Leftists and revolutionaries should see this as a heartening event, as the status quo is our enemy as well.
Populists across the EU are now engaged.
I hope we see it catch fire here. Bernie and Trump have started brushfires.
Hoping for a conflagration in November.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty