The US has the greatest military presence on Earth. We have the most warships, the most submarines, the most bombers, the most fighters, the most missiles, the most nuclear warheads, the most weapons.
And the most military bases in the world.
The US has almost 1,000 military bases in 150 countries around the globe.
We are not the world’s greatest super power, we are the world’s only super power.
But we are much more than that.
We are an empire.
We have organized military alliances with most countries in the world. We sell weapons and munitions, ships, planes, and armaments to all of our allies.
And the military-industrial complex which owns the US government profits from every bomb and bullet.
Our foreign policy transcends Republican and Democratic administrations.
Our foreign policy of constant military belligerence is a requirement of the US economy.
The economy of the United States of America is a war economy.
In the whole of our existence as a nation, America has been at war for all but 17 years since 1776.
We are now engaged in the longest war in American history, that in Afghanistan.
Taxpayers spend over $8 million per hour on war. Twenty four hours of every day, 365 days per year.
All while American children live in poverty, while millions are homeless, while millions have no healthcare. While our infrastructure is crumbling. While we need schools, colleges, roads, bridges, airports, rail lines, fiber optic networks, day care, and hospitals.
The US government finds the funds to drop bombs on people of color half way around the world to line the pockets of Boeing, Raytheon, General Dynamics, Lockheed, Halliburton, etc.
The war machine takes precedence over American citizens. Over American troops, over foreign civilians, over everything.
Congress must honor their bribes.
The administration must keep their corporate masters’ profits flowing.
The establishment, Republican and Democrat, are committed to continuing the war machine.
Which is why the presumptive Democratic nominee (Hillary Clinton) holds positions on foreign policy and military adventurism that are indistinguishable from Henry Kissinger, George W Bush, and Dick Cheney.
Which is why the Republican establishment is doing all it can to sabotage Donald Trump and support Hillary Clinton. Why Charles Koch, Laura Bush, Jeb Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, Mitt Romney, George Will, etc, are all calling for the defeat of Donald Trump.
The problem with Trump, in the eyes of the establishment, is that he will not play their games nor support their agenda. They have no hook in him.
Trump has declared war on the military-industrial complex. He has promised that the government won’t buy unneeded ships, planes, and weaponry just because lobbyists for arms manufacturers, shipbuilders, and aircraft companies bribe Congress.
Next to Bernie Sanders, Trump is the military-industrial complex’s worst nightmare.
And Hillary Clinton is the poster child for constant, unending war.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.