Instead of posting status updates on Facebook, I am now posting each apothegm, thought, observation, and witticism, here, as a Thought Of The Day.
Status updates on Facebook disappear into the ether and cannot be relocated by readers.
Before you leave, please take a moment to follow this blog by clicking on Follow in the upper right sidebar.
Readers are welcome to contribute thoughts, apothegms, observations, and witticisms. Attribution will be given for any we publish. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Submission
Each year an Animal Rights conference is held, alternating between Washington, DC and Los Angeles.
In my opinion it is a waste of time and money.
But it is mostly a waste of opportunity.
Organizations showcase themselves. Personalities posture.
Participants pat each other on the back and brag about their successes.
It is a mutual admiration love fest.
Which does the animals no good, or precious little.
Millions of dollars are wasted on air fares, hotel rooms, conference fees, restaurants, souvenirs and sightseeing.
Money which could have been spent effectively for the animals.
Talking heads take credit for this minor victory or that.
Egos need to be served, so there is no shortage of speakers.
But the speakers are preaching the same sermons to the same people. Year after year.
The biggest waste is the missed opportunity.
The opportunity to radicalize the AR movement.
The opportunity to develop political strategies.
The opportunity to coordinate effective recruitment.
The opportunity to train leadership.
A couple of days a year is not productive for training or educating.
We need outreach, curricula, ongoing recruitment on school campuses, online training conferences, seminars on revolutionary theory, political strategy and philosophy.
This is the 21st Century.
We hardly need to employ 20th Century technology in 19th Century venues.
The movement is in dire need of leadership.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty