An outrageous statement? Of course. But that is the exact rationale for Hillary staying in the race against Barack Obama in 2008.
Hillary only endorsed Obama after extracting a number of concessions from him: that he would not nominate a woman as vice president, that he would name Hillary as Secretary of State, that he would endorse her in 2016.
Both Hillary and Obama are political animals. The bargain they struck was a political one. Neither were concerned about principles or policy. Their deal was one of raw political power.
Hillary delivered, and endorsed Obama. Obama delivered and made HRC Secretary of State, and is now stumping for her before she has even won the Democratic nomination, an unprecedented move for a sitting president.
The difference between Bernie Sanders and the Democratic establishment is profound. Sanders is not in this for political gain. He is unmoved by political intrigue and gamesmanship. Sanders is not dealing in politics as usual, because Sanders’ campaign is not about politics. Bernie is calling for political revolution.
Political revolution is not impacted by politics or political considerations.
The Democratic establishment is committed to Hillary. They have to be. Were Sanders to become the nominee and win, all the Wall Street hacks, sycophants, party operatives and conservative Democrats holding positions in the party would be finished. There is no room in Bernie’s revolution for establishment Democrats.
Bernie’s revolution is not about winning the presidency, or any other elections. Political revolution is about commandeering the Democratic party, building it as a democratic socialist party with the aid of a generation of young people, and then taking over the country in a very few election cycles.
No place in that scenario for Hillary or any of her establishment cronies.
No room for Obama acolytes, Wall street lobbyists, Big Pharma bagmen, the health insurance industry, the military-industrial complex, Big Oil or Big Ag.
Political revolution will come.
It will come faster if Hillary is defeated, but it will come nevertheless.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty