Instead of posting status updates on Facebook, I am now posting each apothegm, thought, observation, and witticism, here, as a Thought Of The Day.
Status updates on Facebook disappear into the ether and cannot be relocated by readers.
Before you leave, please take a moment to follow this blog by clicking on Follow in the upper right sidebar.
Readers are welcome to contribute thoughts, apothegms, observations, and witticisms. Attribution will be given for any we publish. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject Submission
Signing petitions is lazy activism. And because it is, petitions are worthless in impressing anyone to whom they are directed.
One letter is more powerful than a petition with thousands of signatures.
Signatures on petitions aren’t worth the time it takes to sign.
But an actual letter is like yelling in church!
Most petitions are database-building scams. They are stalking horses for fundraising, cheap theatrics at best, a waste of activists’ time and energies at worst.
If a petition is aimed at a government, foreign or domestic, it is a scam.
If a petition is directed at a legislator, it is a scam.
If a petition is aimed at a business, it is probably legitimate, but is still a waste of time.
There are exceptions, of course. But they are few and far between,
Send an email! Make a phone call! Write an actual letter!
If a petition is worth signing, it is worth a phone call or an email. Phone calls and emails are more effective by orders of magnitude.
If a signature on a petition is equivalent to a gunshot, a phone call or email is a Howitzer. And an actual typed, stamped letter is equivalent to a tactical nuclear device.
Letters have to be dealt with. They have to be answered. They sit in someone’s inbasket. Records are kept. Supervisors are notified, reports are made. People are copied. Letters rattle around inside the halls of bureaucracy.
They are all the more effective now that fewer people employ the medium.
Letters are serious weapons!
When we are fighting for the animals, we need to use the most powerful weapons at our disposal.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.