Animal rights advocates believe that all sentient life is equally valuable, equally deserving of protection, equally important, equally cherished by those who possess it and those who wish to live. The contrast between that view and most of humanity is so stark as to trigger the question among animal advocates as to whether humans themselves are of any value.
Human civilization, from the aboriginal tribes of pre-history, to the industrialized capitalist model of today, has been dismissive of, and contemptuous toward, the rights of non-human animals. For most of human history, many humans have not been accorded even the most basic of human rights. The standard has been whether the oppression could prevail through force, violence and intimidation, or whether the oppressed could marshal significant resistance to force society to recognize their complaints and to then address them.
For millennia, humans have enslaved their fellow humans.
Some suggest our lack of empathy toward our fellow creatures is genetic, and incapable of being changed. I believe the better view is that the basest of human instincts smolder beneath the surface of many, but that cruelty and a lack of empathy is learned.
Were it not, there is little reason to embrace or defend the human species. Human extinction should then be our hope and our goal.
I prefer a more optimistic view of humanity, although there is precious little evidence upon which to base such a view.
To be sure, every kindness and every gesture of compassion benefits some person or creature. And we would surely wish for more widespread and common acts of kindness than currently are made.
For animals, and likely most people as well, the status quo is unacceptable. Animals fare much worse than do humans, of course, as the Animal Holocaust is an ongoing horror of mind-boggling proportions.
Anytime in human history would be preferable to today for our fellow Earthlings.
Humans murder over 60 Billion land animals in slaughterhouses each year, and the number is growing. We catch, dredge, and net over two and a half Trillion sea creatures each year as well.
For the mathematically challenged, a Million is a thousand thousands. A Billion is a thousand Millions. And a Trillion is a thousand Billions.
A Trillion weeks ago the Universe came into existence with the Big Bang!
A Trillion is a big number! But we kill TWO and a HALF Trillion sea creatures EVERY YEAR!
The status quo is the enemy of animals. Today is worse than ever in human history for animals. There has never been as much suffering and death for animals as is happening at this very moment.
ANYTHING we can do to disrupt the status quo helps animals. Chaos, civil unrest, revolt, revolution, all work to interrupt the chain of slaughter, the rape of cows and pigs, the barbaric castrations, the brandings, the nose rings, the gestation crates, the feedlots, the transport, the slaughterlines.
The VERY worst thing we can do is to vote for STATUS QUO politicians like Hillary Clinton, who support Big Ag, Wall Street, and the existing power structure. While voting for Donald Trump would hardly be tantamount to inciting chaos, it would likely move up the timetable for political revolution in America.
And were we to succeed in bringing political revolution to America, the entire world would follow.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty