Instead of posting status updates on Facebook, I am now posting each apothegm, thought, observation, and witticism, here, as a Thought Of The Day.
Status updates on Facebook disappear into the ether and cannot be relocated by readers.
Before you leave, please take a moment to follow this blog by clicking on Follow in the upper right sidebar.
Readers are welcome to contribute thoughts, apothegms, observations, and witticisms. Attribution will be given for any we publish. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Submission
The fact that we are able to digest meat, is entirely different from having the moral right to breed sentient creatures for only one purpose: death, and which there is no humane way we can make happen, and whose lives are for the greater part a misery, and reduced to nothing more than a product. The higher majority of humans are not eating meat for survival, but for taste; in all its antibiotic laden, hormone disrupting, GMO affected glory. Using only what nature gave us, we are ill equipped, however much we like to think otherwise, to be carnivores.
Our want to have “pets” and also breeding more domestic animals who we then fail in greater numbers than those who live happy lives, as justification for causing the death of billions of other creatures, is not a good enough excuse to show love and compassion to one creature, and be fine with the killing of another; simply because they’re a different species making it “okay” to do so. Speciesism as as much of a problem on the planet as racism, and other forms of inequality. One life is not worth more than another, and when we see that, we’ll learn what peace really is.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.