Because of her gender, Hillary is getting a pass. Many intelligent, progressive women and feminists are all too willing to overlook Hillary’s positions and her record. Some are merely caught up in the euphoria of breaking the ultimate glass ceiling. Some are purposely ignoring disturbing positions she holds. And many just don’t care what she says or did.
Were Hillary an elderly white male, she would be indistinguishable from most of the Republican party. She is actually much closer to traditional Republicans than is Donald Trump. Trump is a populist who has campaigned against the Republican establishment, Wall Street, the Iraq war and trade agreements.
Hillary is remarkably to the right of almost every candidate who sought the Republican nomination. Her foreign policies are identical to those of Henry Kissinger, she holds similar views to Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld on the use of military intervention. Her trade policies are identical to W’s.
Like most Republicans, she supports the death penalty and opposes legalizing marijuana.
When Obama was elected, many progressives hoped that he would prosecute W, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, and others for war crimes. Almost 5,000 American troops were killed in Iraq for no reason whatsoever. Hundreds fo thousands of Iraqis were murdered. Halliburton made billions, as did a host of companies with ties to Bush and Cheney,
Obama gave them a get-out-of jail-free card. He stopped the Justice Department from pursuing any actions against them.
And Obama and Clinton then proceeded to continue with illegal wars, a regime change foreign policy, assassinations, drone strikes on civilians, and bombing people that had never been a threat to the US.
If Bush and Cheney were war criminals, so is Hillary.
And while liberals detest Trump for insulting Muslims and calling for the ban of Muslims into the US, they are curiously silent about the fact that Hillary actually has killed Muslims.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.