Geoff frequently makes salient observations and profound comments. This one hit very close to home. And it deserves to be shared and contemplated.
The animal movement needs more guts, more vigilantism, more direct action, and more like Geoff Bates.
“Nothing more graphically illustrates the pathetic weakness of the animal rights movement than the fact that malignancies like Walter Palmer are back seemingly to life-as-usual, casually riding around Minneapolis in his (bullet-hole free!) Porsche. That’s when he’s not staying at his (unburned!) country estate in northern Minnesota or his (still standing!) winter home in Florida.
Meanwhile, Safari Club International attracts thousands to its annual convention in a (sarin and anthrax free!) hotel in Las Vegas.
Trophy hunters, the most glaring, egregious animal abusers on the planet living their lives secure in the knowledge that nothing will ever happen to them regardless of what heinous crimes against nature they commit.
That’s because the animal rights movement is basically all talk and no action. A bunch of pussies paralyzed by pacifism and “respect for the Law”, laws that invariably protect the abusers and have scant-to-no regard for the victims.
“Activists” content to engage in endless blogs and public hand-wringing while waiting for someone else to start the revolution.”
Well said, Geoff!
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.