If any human beings on Earth should identify with the suffering of cows and their babies, it should be those who advocate against the rape and enslavement of women, and the murder of their children.
However, there is a deafening silence from feminists and women’s advocates about the atrocities committed in the dairy industry. There is a deafening silence about the price animals pay so humans can indulge themselves with milk and cheese.
Sadly, most feminists are perfectly OK with rape if it happens to non-humans. Only violations of the bodies of female humans raises their ire.
Not only do most feminists ignore the horrors committed upon their non-human sisters, most feminists participate in causing the horrors.
Cows are raped. Their newborns are ripped from them and slaughtered. The cows are then enslaved as long as they are producing milk. Once their level of milk production falls below a minimum acceptable, they themselves are slaughtered. All for people to drink the mammary fluids of another species. If the entire industry weren’t such a horror, it would be ridiculous.
Only a tiny fraction of feminists are vegan. And only a few of those are fighting the dairy industry.
All vegans are feminists.
Very few feminists are vegan.
The operative difference between feminists who are vegan and those who are not is speciesism.
Feminists would like animal activists to join with them in pushing for women’s rights and supporting feminist candidates for office.
But they really do not wish our support enough to return the favor on animal issues and veganism.
Years of lending our support to progressives who do not give a damn about animals and dismiss our campaigns must end.
Animal activists should demand quid pro quo on support. We should actively oppose women’s issues until women’s advocates join in embracing animal protection and veganism.
A perfect time to start employing this strategy is now. A perfect forum for advancing it is in US Senate races. The Democrats MUST retake the Senate. They are spending a fortune to do so. If ever Democrats need to listen to us, it is this year!
Let’s make sure that every Democratic candidate for the US Senate is threatened with the loss of our votes unless they commit to ending wild horse roundups, abolishing Wildlife Services, and banning live export of horses to slaughter.
Let’s start flexing our muscle! The Democrats need us more than we need them!
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty