The animal movement is comprised of well above average intellects, as are most progressive movements.
But the herd mentality of many in the animal movement is something to behold!
Aside from the obvious lack of political sophistication and strategic thinking, the overwhelming majority of animal activists seem incredibly easy to manipulate.
A perfect example is the ease by which Hillary keeps them in lock step. Her supporters post a few pics of Donald Trump’s sons with some poor creatures they killed, and animal activists ignore that she has done nothing for animals at all.
As Secretary of State, Hillary was the second most powerful person in the world.
What did she do for animals with all that power and influence? Absolutely nothing
She was certainly capable of extorting money from foreign governments for the Clinton Foundation, but unable to secure anything for the animals from those same governments. Why?
Could it have anything to do with the fact that animals are not a priority for Hillary Clinton? That they are not even on her radar when she is not campaigning? That personal aggrandizement, wealth, and power are her concerns?
Imagine what she could have done in her position for animals around the world. Imagine how she could have raised public awareness, Promoted animal campaigns, forged alliances with activists and governments, commanded national and worldwide attention to whaling, sealing, bullfighting, trophy hunting, poaching, the slaughter of endangered species for trinkets, trophies, and voodoo medicines.
Did she do any of that? No!
Did she use her influence to change the Obama administration’s horrid record on animals? No!
Did she seek to end wild horse roundups or ban live horse export for slaughter. Did she use her wight to stop Japanese whaling, Canada sealing, the dolphin murders in Tajii or the whale killers in the Faroes? No!
Did she set up interdiction of wildlife trafficking or poaching? Propose sanctions on countries which import ivory and rhino horn? No!
Did she ever do anything for animals during her entire tenure as Secretary of State? Did she ever make a single public statement condemning any atrocity against animals that occur daily around the world? No, she did not!
Now she is supporting our trade agreements which cause the deaths of hundreds of millions of animal each year.
And we are supposed to be impressed because she got some meaningless score while pandering for animal people’s votes a decade ago? That she has a page on her website which spouts meaningless verbiage about her concerns for animals? That she strokes a few animal activists in private meetings?
What we must remember is that she is again running for office and is again pandering to animal people for their votes.
Hillary is one of the animals’ biggest enemies. And nothing she has ever done proves otherwise.
Animal activists largely seem not to know or not to care.
One can observe animal activists engage in knee-jerk reaction to new ideas and analyses by taking a look at animal groups on Facebook. Comments seem directed at graphics and pictures rather than at the articles that are posted. Once someone has commented, the herd instinct steps in and people parrot each other, regardless of whether they know anything at all about the subject of the post
It would be funny if not so terribly sad.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty