Instead of posting status updates on Facebook, I am now posting each apothegm, thought, observation, and witticism, here, as a Thought Of The Day.
Status updates on Facebook disappear into the ether and cannot be relocated by readers.
Before you leave, please take a moment to follow this blog by clicking on Follow in the upper right sidebar.
Readers are welcome to contribute thoughts, apothegms, observations, and witticisms. Attribution will be given for any we publish. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject Submission
I am a child of the 60’s.
I was, and am, an enemy of the state. I was in the streets over civil rights and Viet Nam. I embraced radical politics.
I became a federal fugitive for running guys to Canada to avoid the draft. I was beaten by cops for burning my draft card.
My heroes were radicals and rock stars.
My generation extolled sex and drugs and rock and roll.
Unfortunately for me, I missed out on most of the sex, was not impressed with drugs, and couldn’t play a lick of rock and roll.
Turns out I am tone deaf and cannot play an instrument. Still, I would have loved to have been a rock star. Pete Seeger, Bob Dylan, John Lennon, were my role models.
While I got laid now and again, my life was nothing like Woodstock. And my familiarity with drugs was very limited. Never tried LSD, hated pot, ‘shrooms didn’t work for me, and I wasn’t about to try heroin.
In the 80s I did become an enthusiastic consumer of cocaine, but quit once it became more expensive than buying a Ferrari.
My life has been one extended political campaign.
From my very first campaign as a 12 year old in Brooklyn, working to re-elect Averill Harriman as governor of New York to supporting Bernie Sanders today, I have been a Democrat.
In 1976 I became a professional Democratic strategist. I have had clients in every election cycle since, from candidates for local office to presidential contenders.
This year the mold is broken. Because Bernie Sanders is not the Democratic nominee, I will be working for Donald Trump.
As a volunteer!
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.