That is the exact feeling that cows feel about their own young. They would give their lives to protect their babies, just as you or I would.
They grieve for the ones that die or are taken from them. They endure unspeakable suffering at the hands of our fellow humans who rape them, take away their newborns, murder their babies, and then enslave them for as long as their milk can be taken from them, and then they in turn are murdered.
That glass of milk or piece of cheese you consume belonged to a baby and its mother. They both were killed for you to be able to buy dairy.
To fully appreciate the horror to which you are a party, imagine your mother, wife or daughter violently raped. Imagine her baby ripped away at birth and beaten to death with a hammer or shot in the head. Imagine her enslaved for a couple of years and then having her throat slit. Maybe she won’t be one of the unlucky one in seven who is still conscious when her legs are cut off with chainsaws or unable to scream in pain when her skin is ripped from her sides.
We are unaware of the horrors, and the dairy industry spends hundreds of millions of dollars to keep us ignorant of the cruelty we support with our buying dollars. The dairy industry is one of the most cruel and vile human enterprises on Earth, and everyone involved, from the drivers to the grunts with bone saws to the managers and executives is guilty of murder.
Being ignorant of the harm we cause does not absolve us of responsibility.
Our lifestyles are dependent upon the enslavement and murders of creatures that have the very same right to life that we claim for ourselves. The very same right to live on the Earth that we have.
Our society floats on a sea of innocent blood. Over sixty billion animals are murdered every year on slaughterhouse floors. That is 6 million an hour. One hundred thousand per minute. Fifteen thousand per second.
Almost a quarter million were murdered while you read this far. Half a million if you read slowly.
The horrors are almost beyond comprehension.
And they will never end under capitalism. Capitalism is the author of almost all animal cruelty, abuse, exploitation, and deaths in the world. Animals die for profit, at the hands of businessmen. Thugs and psychopaths may wield the knives, but the real murderers wear suits and sit in boardrooms.
And until we can drag them out of their ivory towers and string them up on lampposts, the horrors will continue.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty