The propaganda is so thorough, so pervasive, so ubiquitous, and so complete, that even the most impoverished Americans believe that capitalism is synonymous with freedom.
Free enterprise, free markets, free trade, are Pavlovian bells which cause the multitudes to salivate in agreement.
Little wonder that the left in America is ineffective, impotent, and marginalized.
While Bernie Sanders did offset much of the animus toward socialism, few Americans could explain the system or contrast it with capitalism. Fewer still prioritize it.
That the political left is almost irrelevant is underscored by the absurdity of Noam Chomsky endorsing Hillary Clinton.
Chomsky, the lion of the American, left adds his support of Clinton to that of Charles Koch and Paul Wolfowitz.
It would be humorous if not so terribly tragic.
One can understand Sanders throwing in with the Democrats, as he pledged to do so from the outset as a condition to play in their yard.
That Chomsky would do so is an affront to every leftist in the world, a despicable betrayal of principal, and a bellwether of the inevitability of the state’s power to crush its opponents.
Simply put, the left is rudderless, leaderless, powerless, and unable to mount serious opposition to the state.
Liberal talking heads, entertainers, pundits, politicians, and plutocrats are serving the state with their constant attacks upon Trump, demonizing him for imagined horrors he might commit and for secret beliefs he might harbor.
None of the imagined failings begins to equal the demonstrable record of Hillary Clinton’s complicity in the murders of upwards of a million Muslims in the Middle East.
That a warmonger can be extolled by Noam Chomsky is almost unbelievable.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty